As a Retail & Spatial Experience Designer, you will be expected to come with knowledge and experience in design of internal spaces including concept, layout, structure, furnishings, fixtures and fittings, lighting and colour schemes, accessories; as well as external spaces including landscaping. This position combines the knowledge of spatial experience design, project management as well as graphic design skills to present design solutions which combine the efficient and functional use of space with an understanding of aesthetics. Your work will be inclusive of but not limited to a variety of products, including books, magazines, product packaging, websites, exhibitions, corporate identity, corporate spaces, retail design, furniture, and fixture design, etc.
As a Retail & Spatial Experience Designer, experience in handling projects from ideation to execution with minimal supervision will be desirable.
2+ years of experience in retail designing and spatial experience designing in Narrative Environments, Scenography, Retail, museum, hospitality, office, exhibition, and accessories
- Taking the design “brief” to record requirements and clients’ needs
- Understanding of client needs and needs of the people using the space and the environment to develop design ideas and establish the final project specifications
- Conducting feasibility studies for the project to negotiate and establish the final project budget and cost
- Recce of the project site and design requirements with proper measurements for a prototype
- Undertaking research and gathering information related to the project to produce sample or mood boards to present to the clients; this will include both online and market research
- Sourcing products and materials based on the design to provide samples for the client
- Preparing detailed, working designs, drawings, models, schemes, etc. Using computer-aided software
- Amending designs according to the clients’ final comments
- Taking initiatives to schedule meetings with Clients to get proper understanding and clarifications with reference to the briefs; building rapport with the Clients to have a common plane of understanding and communication
- Creating final designs and presenting options for design treatments
- Making a prototype of designs suggesting the best possible options for material usage
- Proof-reading and preparing designs to be sent to print; this involves the expert use of graphic design software
- Working closely with other designers, client servicing team and other vendors to determine the best use of space
- Defining execution timelines at the design stage and supervising work on site
- Ensuring that multi-tasking (individually and as a team) is optimized for an on-time closure of all projects
- Identifying vendors and coordinating with them for different materials that can be used for different purposes in creating a prototype of the design
- Preparing documentation of project reports recording proper details of the design process, the thought process, challenges faced, solutions that worked best, areas of improvement identified, the cost incurred in the execution of the project, etc.
- Enhancing knowledge about different materials for prototype and creating a library with samples, market prices of materials and books/ sources about information related to materials
- Working simultaneously on 5+ projects based on current client workload
- Bachelor’s Degree in Spatial Designing/ Retail Space Designing/ Interior Space Furniture Designing/ Exhibition Designing/
- Extensive experience with Illustrator, Photoshop and Corel Draw
- Visual intelligence
- Ability to explore various creative formats including but not limited to animation, video, space design etc.
- Experience in professional commercial design, preferably with a marketing or creative agency
- Adaptive design eye and skill
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to absorb and apply constructive criticism from peers and clients
Disclaimer: Details mentioned in the posting are indicative and not exhaustive, job responsibilities may change based on business requirements and/or management discretion.